Monday, October 17, 2011

My Time

I have been having a rough time of things lately. My ex-husband has been creating chaos and I'm not sure he realizes the damage he does to his daughter when he does that... Abbi tells me she prefers not to see him when he's being an ass. I won't force her, but I don't make it obvious either. I'm just not good at hiding my feelings, so she knows I'm upset even if I try not to let her know. I have now made the decision to let it go, not back down on my standards and principles, or my expectations, but I simply refuse to acknowledge his contention. I don't understand it, so I'm just not going to acknowledge it.


That being said, I feel much better now and likely will until it creeps up on me again. I had the opportunity to have one of Abbi's friends over for the weekend on a sleepover. Her name is Corbin and she is in Abbi's class. Abbi is in a split 4-5 class and Corbin is in the 5 part of it while Abbi is in the 4 part. The girls get along very well together and had a great weekend! On Saturday Corbin's mom took them to the Apple Barn, which is a small farm with a petting zoo, hay rides, etc. and Abbi came home with this HUGE pumpkin that she got to have because she could carry it! I was amazed as it is almost as big as her! but carry it she did! I took a picture of it, but wasn't thinking so am going to take one when she gets home today with her holding it to include in this post.

At any rate the girls had a wonderful weekend, we watched the movie Green Lantern for movie night... but they fell asleep in the middle of it and I had to practically carry them up to bed after it was over... :) We had Chicken Pot Pie and Shepherd's Pie for dinner (the Chicken Pot Pie was better than the Shepherd's Pie, and no I didn't make them, I bought them at Costco) and popcorn with the movie... It was awesome.

I have made my grandkids the Christmas cards to hand out to their paper people this year. I had fun making them, and I know it's a little early but I needed to do something fun for myself so I thought I'd do that. I also got Tami her Christmas gift already and Dyanne has instructions to box it up properly and give it to her at Christmas time from Mom and Abbi. I would tell you what it is, but I can't as Tami will know and it won't be a surprise, but I will tell you that she'll LOVE it!!  I'll post a couple of my cards for you to see what they look like. Each one is unique tho, so this is only a sample.

I have written more than half of the second book in my series, but I'm now looking for an agent to help publish it this time. I need to get it finished, which I will do soon, but I may have found someone. I won't know of course, until it's finished, but I also subscribe to Writer's Digest Magazine on the internet and have gotten some very good tips on how to make it that much better. The first one was good, this one will be much, much better.

That may sound like I'm rambling there, but I am excited and have talked with them at some length already. I think I will be happier with what I've done this time.  I will keep you posted.

I have a new vehicle now, it's not new but is definitely better than anything I've had in the past couple of years. I now have a Toyota Sienna Van which is awesome! I have had to get it fixed, or rather, maintained already and there is a few more things to be done to it, but I found an awesome mechanic and he has assured me that it will last me a long time. Since I take care of my vehicles (unlike other people) I expect that it will. My mechanic is going to do a little bit of the overdue stuff every time he works on it so it's not so expensive all at once, but so that once it's done it's easier to maintain and then I can travel once again. I have missed travelling, taking Abbi places and visiting with friends and family... watch for pictures of the vacations we will be taking once again.... 


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pics. The boys are looking forward to getting the cards for handing out. glad things are getting better. Can't wait to read the second book

    ReplyDelete