Saturday, December 11, 2010

Discovery

I had the awesome pleasure of being able to listen to a very talented young lady tonight.  My daughter was gushing over this little girl singer and I went to the youtube and listened to her to find out what all the fuss was... well, I have never been so surprised by this little girls voice!  She sounds like a mature singer of 20+ years!! And she has perfect pitch as well! Her name is Jackie Evancho and she is very, very talented.  I sat and listened to her songs on youtube and her website for some time and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I even sang along altho my voice isn't good right now, I have been sick for a long time and unfortunately it affects my voice, but I gave it my all and loved every minute of it.  I'm shocked Abbi didn't wake up  :)

Dyanne got me a camera for Christmas this year and gave it to me early so I could take pictures and I have been having the most fun!  She also got me a Christmas Cactus, one of my favourite flowers, that had a lot of buds but very few blooms on it.  It is now blooming madly so I had to take pictures of it, of course.
I have had the most fun playing with it, taking pictures of everything!  I played with the flash a little bit and have discovered how to make the pics look better with it. Abbi, of course, poses all the time and most of the time sticks out her tongue but I erase those as they are too silly to print up and there were a hundred of them. I gave her an old camera to play around with so she took another hundred pics of her sticking her tongue out..  :)

I can't wait for Christmas! It's an awesome time of year and I love the season! Abbi is so excited she can hardly stand it and has the most trouble getting to sleep so I've had to sit with her so she'll lay quietly, relax and allow herself to fall asleep.  I can tell already it's going to be hell Christmas Eve to get her to bed properly so Santa can come... :) and I suspect Christmas morning will be very, very early!

We have the joy of being at my Aunt and Uncle's Christmas Eve and staying over for Christmas Day!  They invited us to come and I get to help my Aunt prepare and make Christmas dinner for 20+ people! I'm glad I'm a good cook! and so is my Aunt!  I am making treats for everyone before I get there, probably for Christmas presents as I don't have any money this year... (we won't go into that). So far I've made Shortbread and Melt-aways, always my two favourites.  Abbi and I will be making gingersnap cookies as well and I'm looking forward to being able to cut out some of my favourite shapes.  I was able to get some of my grandmother's original cookie cutters to do it with and that just makes it that much more special. Altogether Abbi and I are having a wonderful time getting ready and making things, treats and presents for those we love. Abbi has made about three cards for Aunt Donna and Uncle John and she is concerned that she won't be able to give them anything from just her so we are going to Michaels to get one of their little craft kits for her to make to give to them. Abbi's a very talented kid and when she takes the time to do a good job it comes out amazing! I'm very proud of her.

I have spent a great deal of time using all my myriad of craft things to make everyone for Christmas.  I know I did about 80 Christmas Cards altogether and it was a great pleasure to have my grandson, Ben, phone me to ask if he could use them for his paper customers.  I, of course, said yes. Each was unique and I'm flattered he liked them enough to want to use them. I think I did a good job on them... I needed something happy to do when I made them so put a lot of time and thought into them. It was a fun activity to do. I even got out my Cricut and made nativity figurines and Santa and Mrs. Claus as well. They take a little time to do as you have to cut out all the pieces separately then stick them all together properly and in the right order to make the figure look like it's supposed to. I enjoyed every minute of it! I am glad that I have these talents so I can do stuff like this.

Well, I've blogged enough for today...  it's still raining out and I'm going to put up my little tree and lights... I'll take a picture of it and show it off when I get it done   :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post. You sound happier and the pictures and flowers look amazing. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete