Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Catching up...

Well, it's been awhile... I know I started to blog about my life but things just happen to  me and they have over the past year and a half... now I have more to blog about than I would have thought but so what else is new??

I don't know if anyone follows this blog anymore... I haven't written in a long time... let's see... where to begin...

Well, I guess I could start with where I am now... I now live in Mission, BC and love it as much as I love anything I suppose. I am currently being treated for Breast Cancer, having already had Leiomyosarcoma (a cancer of the smooth  muscle cells), and have had a radical mastectomy on the right side with the removal of 17 lymph nodes, 7 of which were positive for metastatic cancer. I have been taking chemo treatments, the first four were Doxyrubicin and Cyclophosphamide which are the worst ones... they really make you ill and they did, but they have good drugs to counteract that so it wasn't too bad, then came the Paclitaxel and Herceptin2 drugs which is what I am taking now. The Paclitaxel has made the neuropathy in my feet worse and they've had to cut down the dosage quite a bit. I don't want to take it anymore, but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see what she says. The Herceptin2 I have to take for another year... it's not supposed to make me feel horrible and I hope that's true, but it's hard for me to want it at all anymore, I'm tired of feeling horrible and I just want to get on with life.

I'm tired and it's early in the morning so this isn't going to be a long one. Needless to say I have to get up and go to a Doctor's appointment later and have to take a shower and do laundry... maybe take my dog for a walk... we'll see...

More later... hopefully later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment