Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Breakfast

Today Abbi and I had the pleasure of attending the last Friday breakfast club before school lets out for the Christmas Holidays.  It was way too early!  My body did NOT want to be up that early but Abbi was all excited about it so I dragged my butt out of bed and we went.  They had a special treat for the kids.  First there was sausage and eggs and toast instead of the usual pancakes and syrup.  They also had a fruit salad but they have that every week.  It was especially good this time with more fruit than normal, so it was special too I guess.  I, of course, took my camera which is now tied to me (more or less) and took pictures of the event.

The Breakfast Lineup...
Abbi eating her breakfast, she's always happy in the mornings...
Abbi's friend Lizzy. We walk to school and back every day.
The Breakfast...
Breakfast at the tables, Lizzy & her Mom are on the left...
Santa came to surprise the kids, but his reception from the children was less than enthusiastic... according to Abbi it was because they were still eating, she wanted to finish first...
Abbi did have to be the first to see Santa, she was the most enthusiastic one of the bunch.  None of the children would line up until after Abbi had seen Santa.
Lizzy was having issues about seeing Santa until her mother told her he had gifts for them...
Santa's gifts to the children were books, simple books and some of the kids didn't want the one Santa gave them so they asked for another one.  Altho Santa didn't seem to mind I couldn't help thinking that it was extremely rude.  Abbi and Lizzy liked theirs with no complaints and of course had to read it immediately.
My grandson, James Bass.  He almost never looks excited about things, but he was right there in the lineup once he saw that Abbi went up.
My grandaughter, McKayla Bass.  She just sat on Santa's knee with her arms folded for a few minutes until he asked her the right question... "What would you like for Christmas?"... and then she told him EVERYTHING she wanted.  She was one of the ones who didn't like the book she got and asked for a different one...

Santa and the Community Activity Coordinator, Pierre, in the school yard.  Altho Santa came into the school yard, very few of the children ran to meet him.  They looked more like... "Ah, this guy isn't the real thing and I'm too shy to go up to him anyway"... It took a little bit of coaxing to get them to come say Hi.

Santa and Pierre coming up the steps... I just pointed and took the shot, it turned out pretty good...
That was the end of the morning breakfast and altho it was less than exciting for the kids, I kind of had a good time.  I ate, I took pictures, I visited with some people at the school and then got to leave Abbi there for the rest of the day!  They had a whole bunch of wonderful activities for the kids and one of them was to make a Icing Christmas Tree  or something like that anyway.  I wasn't too sure but they sent a note home telling the kids what to bring to decorate it with and Abbi took all the decorations for the Gingerbread House we were going to put together.  What it turned out to be is that they made Ice cream cone Christmas trees on a foil pie plate with icing and the candies.  This is how Abbi's turned out...
Abbi and her ice cream cone Christmas tree! She was very creative and she surprised me by putting her chewed gum on the base of the tree.  She just couldn't wait to eat it until she got home, she had to eat it then and there, but got into trouble for chewing gum so put it on the tree instead.  I had to laugh 'cause she hid it with the icing around the base of the tree too.
All in all it was a good day and we enjoyed ourselves. Abbi then came home after school and decided she had to practice her writing, but with the icing we were going to put the Gingerbread house together with.  Needless to say, the Gingerbread house is not put together but there are some very interesting writing examples on the pieces.  I was going to take a picture of them but she decided she had to eat them before I got to my camera... I still had to laugh tho, Abbi can be so cute sometimes....

Yesterday Abbi and I went to see the Eye Doctor and I was surprised at the difference in her prescription from last year.  Her right eye is her worst and the lazy eye does it's thing, but she picked out a nice pair of glasses this time, not too expensive and cute for her face.  My prescription changed significantly too, and in the right eye as well.  Like mother, like daughter I guess.  I found some cute frames I liked and because we were one of the first customers to come thru their doors when they opened we got some massive discounts on them as well.  They wait to be ordered, but I look forward to not having headaches when I read...

Well, more later... enjoy the pics.  Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment