Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Christmas!!!

I LOVE Christmas!!!  I get to decorate up my house and put out the Christmas candies, make chocolates, do up cookies, visit awesome relatives, and make things for people!  It's GREAT!!!

Christmas is the only holiday I really enjoy!  It makes me happy all season long because it's such a happy season. Chocolate making is one of my favourite activities.  This was something Krysti and I truly enjoyed doing together.  She is excellent at making and beating fondant, this is where all that energy works well!  I enjoy immensely doing it with her, she chatters the whole time and it's kind of fun!

My grandmother made Gingersnaps every year and over the years I have collected well over 300 cookie cutters for various seasons, Christmas being the most predominant of course.  We make men and women, santa's, christmas trees, bells, sleigh's, candy canes, etc, etc, etc.  Part of the fun is putting the decorations on them before cooking them.  The kids got really good at it and came up with some of the most creative designs!  It was always the  most fun for me.  The good part as well is that there is NO sugar in the Gingersnaps my Grandma used to make and the recipe I use to this day.  You never miss it at all!  They are so good and the only cookie I could let the kids eat anytime they wanted!

3 comments:

  1. I love Christmas too!!!! I am counting the days :) I love the traditions that we carry so deep in our hearts... the special memories that even just a smell or an ornament can bring us back to .... .... white Christmas, Bing Crozby and Jingle Bombs... lol ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all my cookie cutters I never found a scottie dog like grandma had. Have you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have 2 of them! One here in Abbotsford and one in Prince George with the rest of them! When (and if) I ever get up there or find one in the stores, I'll send one to you :)

    ReplyDelete